01531 631 533
6 replies

Jaga Iguana Straight Floor Thermostatic Valves

Posted on 02/04/2014 8:39pm
Jonathan

Hi, I have bought the Iguana Vertical Radiators and the iguana straight floor valves. I have just plumbed them in but the radiators are not getting hot. At the moment hot water is flowing through the pipes and valves but the radiators are not getting hot.
Please can you confirm the installation of the valve process as the provided instructions are somewhat lacking, also I am not sure how to fit the adjustable thermostat?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jonathan

6 Replies
  • AdminUser
    Commented on 02/04/2014 8:40pm

Thanks for your question Jonathan and purchase of Iguana radiators. We will be back to you with an answer shortly.

• Jaga_JustinV
    Commented on 07/04/2014 8:23am

hello Jonathan,

apologies for the late reply, it might be better if you contact us directly so we can try and help as best as possible. You can either call us on 01531 631 533 or email Jaga@Jaga.co.uk with your details and we shall come back to you.

Kind regards

• Jonathan

I am still awaiting your answer, please can you let me know asap as I still have cold radiators?

• Jaga_JustinV

Good morning Jonathan,

When you say the water is going through the pipes and valve but not the rad itself it might be that the setting on the back of the valve has been changed, if the line on the back (where a 6mm allan key fits in) is in the horizontal position then it will be acting as a bypass (see second page of the PDF attached). The line needs to be in the vertical position for a two pipe system.

Have you double checked that the TRV head is on correctly? before putting on it needs to be opened up to maximum and then screwed onto the valve.

Is any of the Iguana unit getting warm or is it all completely cold? if some of it is getting hot but there are cold spots then it would indicate that there is air trapped in the elbows on the back of the unit. This is usually due to being filled too quickly and the unit will need venting. I have also attached these instructions.

I trust that this information is satisfactory but if you have any further questions or queries please come back to us or contact our technical department directly on the number above.

Kind regards

• Jonathan
    Commented on 08/04/2014 1:10am

Thank you for your reply. I now have great looking radiators that are warm

• AdminUser
    Commented on 08/04/2014 1:11am

Fantastic - delighted to hear that. Thanks again for choosing Jaga.

Please complete the form below to ask us about any of our products or their applications and one of our consultants will be in touch with you.

Cookies & Your Privacy

We make use of cookies on this website to store small snippets of information on your computer.

This information is used to provide both a superior experience and also provide us with anonymous information about how visitors use our website.

Dismiss Find out more