01531 631 533
1 replies

do i need to drain the system to remove a vertical rad with valves at the bottom

Posted on 17/11/2012 6:18am
warren

i need to remove the radiator to decorate , i have closed the valve, when i undo the bleed nipple water spurts out as though under pressure do i need to drain the system .cheers paul.

1 Replies
  • Justin_Jagauk
    Commented on 12/09/2012 10:55pm

Hello Warren,

I'm assuming you have an Iguana with the deco pro-valve set. What you will need to do is take head off and shut off with decorators cap. Then remove the chrome cap on the opposite side and shut off water on the lockshield. This should then stop any water coming through the valve and into the rad so you can remove the rad from the valves (taking care).

If you would like some instructions on the Deco valve set please email jaga@jaga.co.uk and ask for fitting instructions of the deco valve set.

Kind regards

Please complete the form below to ask us about any of our products or their applications and one of our consultants will be in touch with you.

Cookies & Your Privacy

We make use of cookies on this website to store small snippets of information on your computer.

This information is used to provide both a superior experience and also provide us with anonymous information about how visitors use our website.

Dismiss Find out more