01531 631 533
1 replies

Iguana filling

Posted on 12/11/2012 8:00am
yorsoul

My Iguana radiator was fitted by a plumber but the filling sequence was not used I now have a cool side/area, i have vented it many times. is it advisable to drain down and refill properly?

1 Replies
  • Justin_Jagauk
    Commented on 23/04/2012 8:59am

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your radiator.

It sounds like there is still air trapped in the unit, especially as part of the radiator is getting a little warm. The most likely cause of this is small air bubbles trapped in the elbows on the back of the unit, these elbows link each vertical tube.

If it has then the best action you can do over the next week is to give it three or four firm but careful smacks with your hand (protect your hand with a tea towel tor some such), this will help to dislodge any trapped bubbles and force them up to the top - after the week if you vent it again this should have cleared the problem.

I know this sounds like a very simple way of clearing the problem but we get this call once a week or so and it always clears the issue.

If you do re-fill the unit do so slowly so as to give the water chance to slowly fill the unit and to avoid air getting trapped in the small water ways on the back of the unit.

If you have any further enquiries please come back to us.

Yours sincerely.

Jaga Heating Products (UK) Ltd.

Please complete the form below to ask us about any of our products or their applications and one of our consultants will be in touch with you.

Cookies & Your Privacy

We make use of cookies on this website to store small snippets of information on your computer.

This information is used to provide both a superior experience and also provide us with anonymous information about how visitors use our website.

Dismiss Find out more