01531 631 533
3 replies

Isolating an Iguana angled valve

Posted on 17/11/2012 9:17am
I_Thompson

I have a Jaga Iguana Aplano radiator with the Iguana Angled Wall Mounted Valve, fitted in 2008. I don't know if the valve is fitted in two pipe or monotube mode and I can't get a view behind it to find out.

I now have a leak from one of the tails from the valve to the radiator, because it looks like the idiot who fitted it did not tighten it properly into the radiator.

I've tred to tighten it with water pump pliers but the collar is just spinning, So I assume that the collar just sits on a shoulder on the tail and serves as a flat face for the fibre washer?

The radiator needs to come off so that I can tighten the tail properly. I obviously need to isolate it, but cannot find any instructions on how to do this. The radiator mounting instructions PDF on your website seems to indicate that with one port closed, the other is still 10% open, which worries me a bit. Is this still the case if I take off the thermostatic actuator and use an isolating cap? It is a big system so I don't want to have to drain all of it down just for a pesky radiator leak.

Can I completely close it off by using an Allen key in the adjuster on the opposite side to the thermostatic actuator? If so, which way do I turn it?

Also, if I need to replace the tail, is this a special size or can I get a suitable item at a plumbers merchant? It looks rather bigger than those on all my other radiators.

Many Thanks!

3 Replies
  • Justin_Jagauk
    Commented on 11/01/2011 12:34pm

Hello Ian,

Hope you found the information I sent you yesterday was sufficient. If you have any more problems please do not hesitate to contact Jaga.

Yours sincerely.

Justin.

• I_Thompson
    Commented on 11/01/2011 5:00pm

Yes, it was everything I needed and I can now isolate and take the radiator off with confidence. I've no reason to doubt that the original tails will be re-usable once I get things disassembled, but I'll get back to you if I need more help. The very quick response was a big help to me.

After a good search of your website, I can see that your documentation is very good and very useful, including the installation instructions for radiators. Can I suggest that you also look to include the PDF information for valves, which was the only thing I couldn't find?

Many thanks again, Ian.

• JagaAdmin
    Commented on 11/01/2011 5:03pm

Hi Ian - thank you for the kind words about the web site. Adding more detailed information on valves is definitely on the cards for the (near) future.

Chris

Please complete the form below to ask us about any of our products or their applications and one of our consultants will be in touch with you.

Cookies & Your Privacy

We make use of cookies on this website to store small snippets of information on your computer.

This information is used to provide both a superior experience and also provide us with anonymous information about how visitors use our website.

Dismiss Find out more