01531 631 533
2 replies

Strada low heat output

Posted on 17/11/2012 9:34am
Jarmes

I have 2 strada radiators and the heat output seems to be very low. They are both quite large (about 15cm deep, 1.1m wide, 60cm high). Placing your hand above the radiator feels like a very gentle warmth - less than a toaster. What can I check? I already unscrewed the valve at the top under the casing and no air came out. Thanks in advance

2 Replies
  • AndyW_JagaUK
    Commented on 04/01/2011 8:17pm

The main things to check are the temperatures of the water flowing to and from the radiator. The catalogue output for this product (assuming it is a type 15 - single element and actually 65cm high - we don't have a 60cm high Strada) is 2114Watts (7219Btu/hr) based on a flow termperature of 75deg C, a return temperature of 65deg C and a room temperature of 20deg C (these are typical temperatures of a gas boiler).
    For info 2000Watts would be enough to heat a typical living room (4m x 4m x 3m) in a mid terrace house built to a high insulation standard (cavity wall insulation, low emmission double glazing etc...)
    If your flow / return temperatures are different to that above then the output will also differ. The output can then be calculated.
    In terms of air temperature from the outlet grille, this will vary depending on the water temperatures. You would expect to feel a gentle warmth, but it certainly wouldnt be a blast of hot air.
    If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to call us on 01531 631533
    Regards
    Andy W
    Jaga UK

• Jarmes
    Commented on 06/01/2011 9:05am

Ok, thanks very much for the info. I'll check that and see if it helps.

Please complete the form below to ask us about any of our products or their applications and one of our consultants will be in touch with you.

Cookies & Your Privacy

We make use of cookies on this website to store small snippets of information on your computer.

This information is used to provide both a superior experience and also provide us with anonymous information about how visitors use our website.

Dismiss Find out more